This post was created thanks to an inspiring discussion under the Tweet below. I encourage you to read the whole.
0. Talk with the team, work on collective ownership of the platform. #overcommunication!
1. Start building the platform backlog
2. Identify what blocks you from being confident in changing the code
3. Review automation (CI/CD, tests, static analysis)
4. Fix the build time
5. Identify most edited classes
6. Clean up dependencies
7. Review release process & reviews
8. Review dependency graph & modules
9. Run lint analysis
10. Don’t stop working on communication & synchronization between platform devs